The Craft In Me

A blog devoted to all my crafty endeavors.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Thrift Store Frame Makeover

Frame Makeover!


I've been using this awesome metallic gold paint recently and decided to jazz up this old worn out frame with it.



Before
















After

















I love this paint because it stays true to its color, you don't need a million coats and it just makes everything look great!





















Here's the metal frame. $2


As you see, it was goldish in color to begin with, kind of something you would find on your grandmothers end table sitting over a crochet doily. So I didn't take it too far from where it had originally been...
















I "primed" the frame just with some white craft paint.










Decorative scrapbook paper is one of my favorite crafts to work with right now.

I layered the inside of this frame with 5 different sheets of scrapbook paper. Use simple craft glue to hold them in place.


Using a stamp of the Fleur de lis with the same metallic gold paint used on the frame. That way the stamp ties it all together.










































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! :)